Start date: 06/10/2023
Duration: One day per week for 13 weeks
Location: Virtually & Induction in Griffith College
Certificate: Certificate in Strategic Supply Management for MMC
Understand the changing construction and supply chain ecosystems of Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) and their impact on strategic supply management.
Government bodies and private clients are beginning to look for MMC knowledge and experience as part of awarding criteria. Understand the opportunities MMC brings and learn how to overcome the challenges in its implementation from a supply management perspective.
This programme starts on 6 October 2023 and runs one day per week for 13 weeks.
Project Manager, Contracts Manager, Purchasing Manager – basically those responsible for ensuring the timely supply of product to site and the co-ordination of MMC Projects. Participants must be employed in a Small and Medium Enterprise (SME), i.e. less than 250 employees and under €43m turnover.
The aim of the Level 8 Micro-credential in Strategic Supply Management for MMC is to develop learners’ understanding of how MMC will shape and affect decisions for the operation and sustainable growth of a construction or related organisation and build competitive advantage through strategic supply management.
The objectives of this certificate programme are to:
• Identify the concepts, practices and frameworks that apply to Modern Methods of Construction
• Examine the direct impact of MMC on procurement and supply drivers to achieve organisational goals
• Analyse the enablers of procurement and supply chain management for the adoption of MMC
• Appraise the key issues and concepts in developing a procurement and supply chain strategy in planning for an MMC project
• Appraise the value of information and communication in MMC supply chain networks
• Discuss the principles of building a sustainable procurement and supply management system
There will be an induction day at Griffith College Dublin, South Circular Road. The remainder of the programme will be delivered virtually, with the possibility of participants agreeing to meet for one or more additional days.
Certification: Assessment is by one interdisciplinary researched, written project reviewing the effectiveness of the supply management of a Modern Methods of Construction project.