Start date: 11/04/2024
Duration: Thursday Mornings. 11, 18, 25 April, 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 May, 6, 13, 20 and 27 June 2024. 9.30am - 12.30am
Certificate: Attendance Certificate
Cost: Skillnet Members: €TBC. Non Members: €TBC
This new programme is targeted at providing recognised qualifications and lifelong learning opportunities for those who provide administrative support to the small construction companies around the country. The programme will cover the knowledge and skill element of the role of a small construction company administrator and will provide you with the opportunity to achieve one or two of the following qualifications: QQI Level 6 in Business Management, Level 6 in People Management and Level 5 in Communication Skills.
Core modules are:
- Induction, Construction Industry Context and Company Strategy, Policies and Procedures
- Communication Skills, including Presentation Skills and Report Writing
- Employment Law
- People Management
- Finance for Construction
Additional technical modules offered at an additional cost include:
- Purchasing for Construction
- Planning and Programming for Construction
- Effective Tendering and Business Development for Construction
- Health and Safety Administration
Assessment is by carrying out and writing a related report on a Company Improvement Project, which will enhance how you work. This could be
- the introduction of Employee Handbooks
- the introduction of a new process
- altering current processes to be more effective and efficient
- the assessment and introduction of a new technology
(Some awards require additional additional assignments to be submitted)
As certification is part of this programme, as well as ensuring you have the knowledge and skills to effectively carry out your role, we provide extra supports to enable you to achieve certification, such as presentation skills and report writing. These are included as part of the programme.
Exercises will be done during the “class” which will help you create material for your project and report. Feedback will be provided on an on-going basis. This means that you can update and improve on what you have already done and that you also get the assessment done as you go.
You will be provided a mentor from the training team to help you with your assignment. The mentor, as well as guiding you on the company improvement project, will provide support and feedback on the final report.
For more information or to book contact Tanya at 087 0672656 or firstname.lastname@example.org.