Start date: 11/06/2024
Duration: 4 days, 11, 13, 18, 20 June 2024. 9.30am - 11.30am
Certificate: CIOB Certificate in Construction Site Management *
Cost: Skillnet Members: €350. Non Members €375
To book this or any course, or for further information, please contact Liz Carroll at email@example.com.
This is one module of three required to complete the CIOB’s Certificate in Construction Site Management.
“The CIOB Certificate is an excellent grounding in key elements of construction site management. I have 10 years’ experience as a site supervisor/site manager. All my experience gained was from a practical background and my education was on the job. The course helped me understand why I was doing things the way I was doing them. But I also learned plenty of new things that I can apply on the job now.” Stephen Geraghty, Collen.
Learn how to:
- Describe the key principles of site set-up to ensure a secure and safe environment for the construction works.
- Explain and evaluate the need for dimensional accuracy in construction works.
- Explain how site managers plan for and manage the installation of temporary works for the construction work.
- Use and explain specified information.
- Present ideas for different audiences.
- Solve defined problems and evaluate the solutions.
- Use appropriate digital applications
Session 1. 9.30am -11.30am
Session 2. 9.30am -11.30am
Session 3. 9.30am -11.30am
Session 4. 9.30am -11.30am
Plus one to one sessions.
Further information on the CIOB Certificate/Diploma in Construction Site Management:
The CIOB Certificate in Construction Site Management is designed for supervisors and assistant site managers working in the construction sector who are progressing into a construction site manager role. This qualification develops the learner’s knowledge and skills to plan and programme projects, liaise with stakeholders and oversee small to medium construction projects safely and efficiently. To achieve the Certificate learners must successfully complete three modules including the MSIC from CIF. Learners should be qualified tradesmen with at least two years’ supervisory experience.
The CIOB Diploma in Construction Site Management is designed for construction site managers working in the construction sector who are progressing into managing larger and more complex construction projects. This qualification develops the learner’s knowledge and skills to plan and programme projects, liaise with stakeholders and oversee large or complex construction projects safely and efficiently. To achieve the Diploma learners must successfully complete all 9 modules. Learners should be qualified tradesmen with at least two years’ supervisory experience.
Full List of Modules
- Contractual and Legal Responsibilities
- Managing the Quality of Construction Works
- CIF’s Managing Safely in Construction
- Project Planning, Control, Monitoring and Risk for Construction
- Managing People in a Professional Construction Context
- Organisation of the Construction Site
- Construction Project Resourcing and Cost Management
- Managing the Technology of Modern and Traditional Construction Works
- Managing Sustainable Construction
For full details contact Tanya at 087 0672656 or firstname.lastname@example.org.