Communication Skills I for Safety Officers
To book this or any course, or for further information, please contact Liz Carroll at email@example.com.
Learn how to engage effectively with site staff to get the results you want from your safety messages.Effective communication is essential for Safety Officers to achieve safe outcomes for everyone on site. To achieve successful outcomes it is necessary to have an understanding of what happens during the communication process.
On this course you will learn :
• Tools and techniques to help you engage successfully with site staff
• How to develop the confidence and know how to communicate for positive results
• Influence people, read body language, respond quickly and be assertive
Programme content will include:
• Understanding what communication is
• Discovering your own communication style
• Learn how to use body language for impact at all levels
• Understand the power of positive language
• Develop questioning skills
• Deliver your message with confidence
• Construct and adjust messages to ensure they are understood and receive a positive response.
• Dealing constructively with negative or unresponsive individuals who work on site
• Develop a range of communication skills to ensure you receive appropriate attention
• Refine your ability to gain a high quality response from your audience
• Gain the confidence of those working on site
• Converting communication into action
DELIVERY METHODOLOGY: This virtual workshop is a high quality learning experience, a concentrated programme of practical knowledge that can have immediate application in the workplace. We provide practical tools, methods and ideas and workshop handbooks carefully compiled for the target audience. It will be run using the Zoom platform and each participant will be supported throughout the process. The session will also utilise break out rooms to encourage interaction and practice.