Return with Confidence: Construction Works
– a returner programme
for women in construction
Are you unemployed and an engineer, project manager, health and safety officer, QS, or …?
Are you thinking about going back to work?
Would it be useful to have a series of supports to help you to:
- Decide what type of job you are looking for
- Be updated on hybrid working options
- Revive your job application skills
- Refresh your IT skills
- Boost your soft skills
- Build your confidence?
Then Return with Confidence is for you. This is a 12 week programme starting mid May 2023. The programme is an industry led, fully funded programme for people who are not in employment, subject to eligibility criteria and the availability of places.
The programme includes:
- 4 hours personal coaching
- IT Skills – Word, Excel and Navis Works refreshers
- Job Preparation Skills – cv and cover letter preparation, LinkedIn Profile, interview skills
- Communication Skills
- Creativity and Adaptability
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Self Management
- 6 week work placement to match your working choice, i.e. full-time, part-time, job share. In company mentor to support you during your placement.
|Communication Skills||Word Refresher|
|Week 2||Personal Branding||CV Prep||Job Applications|
|Week 3||Interview Skills||Interview Skills||Interview Practice||Interview Practice|
|Week 4||Mock Interviews||Mock Interviews||Manual Handling||Safe Pass (full day)|
|Week 5||Problem Solving||Critical and Creative Thinking||Excel Refresher||Navis Works Refresher||LinkedIn Profile|
|Week 6||Self Management||Self Management||CV/Online/Job application||The World of Work||Communication Skills and Teamwork culture in Business|
|Week 7||Work Placement|
|Week 8||Work Placement|
|Week 9||Work Placement|
|Week 10||Work Placement|
|Week 11||Work Placement|
|Week 12||Work Placement|
Who is offering placements?
The following are the companies so far that are offering placements to suitable participants:
P J Hegarty
Glan Agua Ltd
If your company thinks it would like to offer a placement please contact Liz on 087 9323749 or Trish on 087 3688491. Companies will interview potential candidates and select those appropriate to their needs, with a view to offering them a role post placement. We expect participants to be construction professionals and to be the likes of engineers, project managers, QSs, Health and Safety Officers, etc.
Who can apply?
This programme is open for applications from both eligible individuals who are not in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection (DSP) and to eligible individuals in receipt of a payment. Details on eligibility are below:
Eligible Individuals who are not Welfare Payment Recipients.
Individuals who are not in receipt of a welfare payment from Department of Social Protection (DSP) and whose circumstances are described below are also eligible to participate.
- Former sole traders and business owners
- Recent graduates who are unemployed
- Retirees seeking to return to the workplace
- Individuals who fail to qualify for social welfare payments because of a spouse’s income
- Individuals signing on for credits but in receipt of no social welfare payment
- Individuals who have recently accepted redundancy payments
- Non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals holding immigration Stamp 4
Unemployed people with an entitlement to a Jobseekers Allowance (JA) or Jobseekers Benefit (JB) payment from the Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection (DEASP) may retain such payments subject to the Back to Education criteria of that Department.
People in receipt of other forms of income support from DSP may retain such payments subject to the Back to Education criteria of that Department. Other forms of income support include:
- Jobseeker’s Credits only
- Blind Pension
- Disability Allowance
- Farm/Fish Assist
- Illness Benefit
- Invalidity Pension
- One-Parent Family Payment
- Rural Social Scheme
- Supplementary Welfare Allowance
- Adult Dependants (of listed schemes)
Programme Duration Conditions for Welfare Recipients
Programmes offered by Skillnet Ireland networks may be full or part-time and may be continuous or staggered over time. Programmes typically will incorporate a work placement, the duration of which is included in the overall course duration.
If successful in your application to join this programme please contact your local Intreo Office to inform them.
Ineligible Unemployed Individuals
Skillnet Ireland, under its current mandate, does not provide training to unemployed people who fall into any of the following categories:
1. Current participants on Jobs Initiative (JI) Schemes
2. Non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals holding immigration Stamp 1, Stamp 2 or Stamp 3
3. Full-time students engaged in second or third-level education.
Important Additional Information for Unemployed Individuals
Please note that:
- Once eligibility has been established, it is the responsibility of the Skillnet Learning Network to decide who participates in training based on the network’s programme selection criteria
- Skillnet Learning Network Managers may seek information about previous work history, education and career aspirations to ensure programmes that candidates are interested in completing are relevant
- If training occurs on the same day as a signing day, it is the responsibility of the learner to inform the INTREO Office and arrange an alternative signing day prior to commencing training
- All trainees are required to complete relevant programme documentation including a Participant Profile Form and a Training Evaluation Form
- After training is complete, learners may be contacted by the Skillnet Learning Networks or a representative of Skillnet Ireland for the purposes of evaluating programmes and determining how learners have progressed since the completion of training
- Learners must be resident in the Republic of Ireland
Return with Confidence - Application Form
"*" indicates required fields