Start date: 23/11/2022
Duration: 8am - 11am
Location: CIF, Construction House, Canal Road, Dublin 6
Cost: Skillnet Members: €50. Non Members: €75
To book this or any course, or for further information, please contact Liz Carroll at email@example.com.
Target Audience: Anyone who needs to be able to read construction drawings
Aim: The aim of this course is to enhance knowledge, understanding and skills associated with reading and interpreting construction
- Understanding drawing presentations, elevations, plans and sections.
– Points, lines and planes.
– Horizontal plane, Vertical plane.
- Architectural drawings and Engineering Drawings.
- Drawings Codes and Standards.
– BS1192 Naming Convention
- Recognition of ‘line types’ and application.
- Dimensioning techniques and methods.
- Interpretation of drawings produced to scale.
- Typical scales used in construction drawings.
- Extracting scaled dimensions from drawings.
- Understanding and interpreting drawing titles.
- Recognition and interpretation of typical conventions and symbols.
- Significance of scaled and written dimensions.
Resources: (course participants to bring) • Note book, sketch pad, pencils, markers.